The replacement of lost teeth has been revolutionized by dental implants, offering patients an option that is stable, permanent and supports long-term dental health. Dental implants have continued to evolve and can be used to replace one or more missing teeth, stabilizing a denture or dental bridge for the restoration of a beautiful, natural looking and functional smile. If you are interested in dental implants in Northern VA, look no further than Ridgetop Dental Group!
Why Choose Ridgetop Dental Group?
Our doctors specialize in dental implants. They have years of training and experience, having already helped many patients enjoy the benefits of a restored smile. At Ridgetop Dental Group, you’ll be in caring hands. The dental implant experience relies a lot on the dentist who is placing the implants. With a team that specializes in dental implants, you’ll have high-quality dental care you can count on.
Benefits of Dental Implants
- Prevents bone loss – If you’re missing a tooth or multiple teeth, that void can cause bone loss and deterioration in your jawbone. Dental implants are the only option for missing teeth that stimulates the jaw bone which helps stimulate bone growth.
- Does not affect the surrounding teeth – A tooth-supported dental bridge requires grinding down your healthy teeth in order to provide a place to attach the bridge. A dental implant is surgically placed only in the space where the missing tooth is located leaving your healthy teeth alone.
- Looks, feels, fits and functions naturally – They are strong and stable and the next best thing to your real teeth.
- Durable and last longer than other dental restorations – Other options for missing teeth, such as dentures, will eventually need replaced or need maintenance. When properly placed and cared for, dental implants can last a lifetime.
- Your smile will also appear more natural – A face without teeth will appear sunken and can add years to your appearance. Dental implants help keep the natural shape of your face and lower jaw area.
- Enjoy the foods you love – With removable options for missing teeth, there are dietary restrictions. Dentures will deliver about a 30-40% normal chewing function. With dental implants, your teeth will function naturally, allowing you to eat what you want!
- Stays secure and in place – The simple task of talking with removable options for missing teeth can be embarrassing because they sometimes slip or do not fit correctly. Dental implants do not slip thus making speaking a lot easier.
Cost of Dental Implants
It’s almost impossible to quote an average price for a dental implant because the treatment is so unique to the individual patient. There are many factors that go into the total cost of your treatment including:
- Location and size of the implant – The location of the dental implant(s) and the size needed will have a huge impact on the cost. Some tooth locations in your mouth require more advanced dental care when placing a dental implant.
- Number and type of dental implants – It will cost less to replace one missing tooth versus a whole row of teeth. It’s best to schedule a consultation at our Northern VA dentist office to see how many dental implants you will need and the associated cost.
- Oral health – Sometimes missing teeth is associated with other oral health problems such as gum disease. Patients suffering from gum disease will require treatment to ensure a healthy mouth for successful implantation.
- Bone grafting – In order to qualify for dental implants, the patient must have adequate bone density. The titanium post needs to be surgically implanted and have enough bone to fuse with in order for the dental implants to be successful. If the patient does not have enough bone, a procedure known as bone grafting will need to be done and will impact the total cost for dental implants.
- Extractions – If you are missing the tooth or teeth already, you can go straight to surgical implantation of the dental implant. If you have a damaged tooth that needs extracted first, this is a separate procedure with associated costs.
The All-on-4 dental implant procedure is a solution for replacing all missing teeth. The All-on-4 method can be used to replace a full arch of missing teeth in as little as one visit! As few as four dental implants are strategically placed in the jaw to permanently secure a hybrid denture. All-on-4 is designed to optimize a patient’s bone structure and provide a more stable alternative to traditional dentures.
This restorative technique makes it possible for qualifying patients to have teeth extracted, implants placed, and a temporary restoration secured all at one time! This is made possible through extensive advanced treatment planning. Our doctors utilize state of the art technology such as CT scans, digital x-rays, and 3-D imaging to plan the All-on-4 procedure.
Full Arch Dental Implants
Patients missing a full arch of teeth benefit from implant-secured dentures. Traditional dentures are commonly uncomfortable, bulky and are prone to slippage. Implant-supported full arch dentures provide stability, durability, and natural looking results. An implant is designed to actually replace the tooth root which will preserve the bone better thus preventing bone loss. Denture implants are a great solution for patients missing all or most of their teeth or patients who suffer from widespread damage and will require extractions. Also, patients who are currently wearing dentures and would rather have a more lifelike and comfortable option can still choose to get implant supported dentures.