Are you missing one or several teeth?
Well, have you considered single tooth dental implants? Single tooth dental implants are one of the most durable, long-lasting tooth replacement options. Dental implants are designed to replicate the natural tooth root—giving patients a more natural looking, stable smile. Not only do dental implants address the visible portion of the tooth, but they are also designed to address some of the underlying dental issues.
When a tooth is lost, the remaining teeth begin to shift, which leads to biting problems and crooked teeth. Over time, the bone around the missing tooth deteriorates, leading to facial sagging and other facial deformities.
Missing teeth may also lead to:
- Shifting of existing teeth
- Changes in the fit of the bite
- Loss of bone density in the jaw
- Changes in the appearance of the lower face
- Increased risk for periodontal disease
Dental implants can help stimulate natural bone growth as well as help reduce the appearance of facial sagging.
At Ridgetop Dental Group in Reston, VA, we offer a full range of solutions for missing teeth, including dental implants. Northern Virginia dentist Dr. Datta Malyavantham offers implant dentistry and provides personalized, consultative dental care for patients missing one or more teeth. Dr. Datta performs all aspects of the dental implant procedure in our Reston dentist office.
All About Single Tooth Dental Implants
To determine if dental implants are right for you, Dr. Datta will perform a full evaluation and discuss your cosmetic goals, budget, and lifestyle. Not all patients are ideal candidates for dental implants, so we may recommend alternative tooth replace options. Our team will work with you to determine the best solution for your restorative needs.
- Implantation: During the implantation phase, the small titanium post is surgically inserted into the jaw bone. During the implantation process, patients will receive anesthetic or sedation to ensure they are comfortable and relaxed throughout the procedure.
- Healing Process and Abutment: On average, dental implant takes 3-6months to full fuse into the jawbone. Once the insertion site has healed, Dr. Datta will attach the abutment. The abutment is the connector between the implant post and dental crown.
- Placing The Dental Crown: One the abutment is attached, Dr. Datta will attach a custom designed dental crown. Custom made dental crowns are color matched and designed to blend with the natural smile.
Schedule A Consultation
To learn more about dental implants, visit Ridgetop Dental Group in Reston, VA. To schedule an appointment, call us or request an appointment online.